Interprofessional Teams™ Series
Learn Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
Product Highlights for: Interprofessional Teams™ Series
- This product allows the learner, acting as the nurse, to interact with 14 other healthcare professionals as virtual characters including a physician, school nurse, optometrist, pharmacist, therapists and a registered dietician.
- As the learner makes decisions about communication skills and decisions to facilitate team collaborative processes, he or she receives immediate feedback with rationales for correct and incorrect answers.
- Each of the five modules begins with a pre-brief that allows the learner to demonstrate mastery of material related to values and ethics for interprofessional practice, roles and responsibilities of collaborating professionals, and addresses the competencies listed above.
- After the learner reviews patient data, he or she will be offered choices on how to conduct an inquiry that elicits the required information and promotes patient discussion.
- The learner chooses the best five-person team to care for the patient, then evaluates and analyzes each one of the clinical professional’s behaviors and responses in a group setting.
- Each module progresses in the same manner, but this virtual clinical is also an unfolding case study. The central patient, Jenny, evolves from a 9-year-old who is presenting symptoms of ADHD to a postpartum mother in the last level.
The Interprofessional Teams™ virtual clinical series aligns with NCLEX categories, QSEN Competencies, AACN BSN, MSN, and DNP Essentials, and Professional Competencies:
- NCLEX: Safe and Effective Care Environment: Management of Care; Psychosocial Integrity
- QSEN Competencies: Patient Centered Care and Teamwork and Collaboration
- AACN BSN Essentials:
- Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
- Essential VI: Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration for Improving Patient Health Outcomes
- Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values
- AACN MSN Essentials:
- Essential II: Organizational and Systems Leadership
- Essential VII: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
- Essential IX: Master’s Level Nursing Practice
- AACN DNP Essentials:
- Essential VI: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
- Interprofessional Collaborative Practice Core Competencies (2016)
- Competency 1: Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
- Competency 2: Roles/Responsibilities
- Competency 3: Interprofessional Communication
- Competency 4: Teams and Teamwork
Learners can earn 5 simulated clinical hours
$39 per student/virtual clinical
$49 with optional EMPOWER™ Debrief exercise