Prioritization of Care® – Hospital
Learners Practice Clinical Decision-Making Skills in a No-Risk Environment
Virtual Prioritization of Real-World Patient Scenarios
Nurses know that each day brings unexpected situations requiring quick thinking. Our Prioritization of Care nursing scenarios help students build decision-making confidence by working through progressively more difficult patient assessment and prioritization of care assignments. Students determine if a patient should go to an emergency room, urgent care, inpatient or outpatient mental health treatment or pediatric specialty care.
Prioritization of Care online nursing scenarios feature 40 unique patients with symptoms ranging from early stage heart failure and respiratory distress to orthopedic pain and depression. Students first record vital signs, interview, then chart observations and rationale in SBAR format. Students then prioritize patients for treatment. Remediation is immediately provided, success earns achievement badges and students learn at their own pace.
Product Highlights for: Prioritization of Care – Hospital
- Realistic scenarios of varying difficulty where prioritization of care is critical
- Remediation provided immediately for each decision
- Opportunity to earn badges to keep learning fun
- Access to Dashboard metrics and activity reports
- Detailed faculty and training guides complete with Quick Start Guide, Troubleshooting, Teaching Suggestions, FAQs, and content for each level
- 40 diverse patients and 5 levels of increasing difficulty
- Applies to pre and post-licensure nursing courses and clinical training programs
- Contains 9 skill categories including cardiac, respiratory, neurology, genitourinary, pediatrics, mental health care and more
- Faculty and students can generate reports identifying their strengths and weaknesses
- Includes faculty guide, in-simulation assignments
- Standard “high-stakes” version allows one or two attempts before grading; “low-stakes” practice version enables unlimited, self-paced drills.
Prioritization of Care – Hospital aligns with AACN BSN Essentials, QSEN Competencies, and NCLEX categories:
- AACN BSN Essentials: Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
- QSEN Competencies: Patient Centered Care – Integrates understanding of multiple dimensions of patient centered care: patient/family/community preferences, values coordination and integration of care information, communication, and education.
- NCLEX: Delegation and Management of Care
Learners can earn 4-8 simulated clinical hours