Sentinel City ®
Explore, Engage and Execute – Risk Free
Sentinel City®, our flagship innovation, is an engaging and rewarding way to learn what community and population health nursing is all about. Students practice critical thinking, observation and care planning in a risk-free environment. Originally developed to teach nursing students how to conduct windshield surveys, Sentinel City now includes 30 assignments and our Family Support and Home Assessment virtual clinical scenario.
Many clients map this simulation to their Community or Population Health Nursing courses, and while the hours and activities within the model are almost limitless, most clients use Sentinel City to earn about 30 hours for each of their learners.
Faculty members enjoy the variety that comes with the Assignment Catalog; this virtual city can cover anything from community assessments and infection prevention and control issues to natural disasters and population-focused interventions.
We offer FREE product trials to nurse educators. We are happy to speak with you about your needs.
Product Highlights for: Sentinel City
This simulation was launched in March 2014
Learners can earn 5-30+ simulated clinical hours
Sentinel City aligns with QSEN Quality and Safety Competencies, AACN BSN Essentials, NLN Core Competencies, and Quad Council Core Competencies
Why you’ll love it:
- Assignment Catalog includes 30 easily implemented assignments with grading rubrics
- Admin Portal with access to activity reports
- Detailed faculty guide complete with Quick Start Guide, Troubleshooting, Teaching Suggestions, FAQs, and more
Dive inside the product:
- 13 diverse citizens
- 16 locations with 100+ sets of unique data and demographics
- “Camera” and notes wizard for recording observations; name and date-stamp verify student integrity
- Fully integrated Family Support and Home Assessment with Care Plan
$99 per Student
Sentinel City can be used for a variety of assignments throughout a term, course or entire program.
Assignments available for Sentinel City:
- Family Support Assessment
- Home Safety Assessment Nursing Diagnosis and Care Plan
- Tornado Emergency Response Planning
- Civic Disturbance / Emergency Response & Social Media Communication
- ABC Day Care Emergency Scenario
- Basic Windshield Survey
- Community and Health Subsystem Assignments
- Physical Environment
- Health & Social Services
- Politics and Government
- Safety & Transportation
- NEW pandemic assignments
- Population-Focused Interventions
- Nutritional Assessment
- Malnutrition among the Older-Elderly
- Professional Roles and Organizations
- Health Policy Recommendations
- Global Community Health Issues
- Compare & Contrast: City vs Town