Prioritization of Care® Hospital
Learners Practice Clinical Decision-Making Skills in a No-Risk Environment
Prioritization of Care® Hospital – Patient Assessment Simulations
Virtual Prioritization of Real-World Patient Scenarios
Learners practice clinical judgment and decision-making skills that relate to identifying and prioritizing patient care in this clinical scenario that offers a high volume and vast variety of patients. Each Prioritization of Care® series gives learners access for 12 months. As learners work though the scenario, the patient assessment becomes progressively more difficult. The unique patients have symptoms ranging from early stage heart failure and respiratory distress to orthopedic pain and depression. Within Prioritization of Care®, learners will record vital signs, interview patients and chart the observations and rationale in SBAR format. Not only does this scenario allow learners to practice vital decision making in a no-risk environment, but it also provides immediate remediation, badges for achievement and a report that conveys total correct responses. While Prioritization of Care® works in a variety of training or classroom environments, in the past our clients have most commonly added this to supplement teaching in Nursing Leadership and Management, Transition to Nursing Practice and Capstone courses.
Nurses know that each day brings unexpected situations requiring quick thinking. Our Prioritization of Care® nursing scenarios help students build decision-making confidence by working through progressively more difficult patient assessment and prioritization of care assignments. Students determine if a patient should go to an emergency room, urgent care, inpatient or outpatient mental health treatment or pediatric specialty care.
Prioritization of Care® online nursing scenarios feature 40 unique patients with symptoms ranging from early stage heart failure and respiratory distress to orthopedic pain and depression. Students first record vital signs, interview, then chart observations and rationale in SBAR format. Students then prioritize patients for treatment. Remediation is immediately provided, success earns achievement badges and students learn at their own pace.
- Realistic scenarios of varying difficulty where prioritization of care is critical
Remediation provided immediately for each decision
Opportunity to earn badges to keep learning fun
- Access to Dashboard metrics and activity reports
- Detailed faculty and training guides complete with Quick Start Guide, Troubleshooting, Teaching Suggestions, FAQs, and content for each level
- 40 diverse patients and 5 levels of increasing difficulty
- Applies to pre and post-licensure nursing courses and clinical training programs
- Contains 9 skill categories including cardiac, respiratory, neurology, genitourinary, pediatrics, mental health care and more
- Faculty and students can generate reports identifying their strengths and weaknesses
- Includes faculty guide, in-simulation assignments
Standard “high-stakes” version allows one or two attempts before grading; “low-stakes” practice version enables unlimited, self-paced drills.
Let’s Get Social