Advanced Practice Series®
A Robust Series for Advanced Practice Learners
This virtual simulation series provides authentic virtual clinical encounters to prepare advanced practice learners such as nurse practitioner, physician assistant/associate, and medical students by refining clinical judgment and decision-making skills when developing diagnoses and plans of care.
Each clinical area includes five patients with genuine scenarios created by advanced practice subject matter experts, and exposes learners to ICD, CPT, and HCPCS coding for billing consideration.
Our Advanced Practice Series® features 11 modules with 55 patients:
- Typical Adult Encounters
- Complex Adult Encounters
- Adult Mental Health Encounters
- Pediatric Mental Health Encounters
- Typical Pediatric Encounters
- Complex Pediatric Encounters
- Cardiac Encounters
- Oncology Encounters
- Gerontology Encounters
- Women’s Health GYN Encounters
- Women’s Health OB Encounters
Fill gaps left by clinical preceptor demand and limited practice sites, and ensure your learners are exposed to commonly found encounters prior to facing them in a real-world environment.
- Advance through the clinical encounter while reviewing the patient inquiry, H&P and review of systems (ROS) within the EHR.
- Identify differential diagnoses and order corresponding diagnostics.
- Develop comprehensive plan of care
- Select appropriate billing codes
- Includes faculty guide, feedback and rationales, and a dashboard with evaluative report, as well as a learner dashboard.
- AACN Essentials for Advanced-Level Nursing Education
- ACGME Core Competencies for Medical Education
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) Role Specific Competencies
- Competencies for the PA Profession Adopted by AAPA, ARC-PA, NCCPA, and PAEA
Let’s Get Social